If a business has the ability to drive sales to a third party within the available social media experience, then you are on to social commerce. Basically, social commerce is facilitated by the numerous social media platforms such as Facebook and others in this category. What is the essence of using social media commerce? Well, this sub-branch of e-commerce is employed with ease, the sellers of products/services use these platforms to interact with existing customers as well as potential customers.
Making use of the social media to encourage online purchases, or, integrating social media pages with e-commerce is simply social media commerce. This technique is fruitful considering the fact that a good percentage of any customer base uses at least two of the social media platforms basing from a conventional research.
Moreover, businesses have a growing trend to make use of social media to make extra sales on these sites. This is a great opportunity for most businesses. Social media commerce gives business a stable background to interact with customers, increase sales, and finally have a better way to convey messages to the customers.
What is the whole point of social commerce? This question arises among the newbies and most conventional players in the market. Using social media platforms gives customers a sense of ‘customer support’ where they get advice, from other people by following the campaign trends and dialogs. The variety of products from competitors cause confusion to potential customers, they may find it hard to decide which brand they should go for. Social commerce serve your business by bringing your loyal/existing customers together to provide convincing advice to the potential customers that lead to more sales online. Social commerce is opportunity.
The Power of Social Commerce
Many businesses that accommodates social commerce are in the frontline to a much greater success. E-commerce has significantly evolved and introduced social commerce. Since social commerce is more penetrating and it is a readily available business interactive model. Social commerce involves pushing more sales, as well as having people engage and interact about the products, thus recommending more people to buy the products.
The great possibility of having people explore your business, interacting directly with them is housed by allowing customers to communicate through various medium including Facebook, LinkedIn, twitter SMS and so forth. It gives customers options like sharing, tweeting & retweeting just to begin with.
In social commerce, you want to be successful by getting started with this great tool. By creating blogs, updates and videos, you will be appealing most of your audience, the point is to encourage the process of sharing. Having sharpening your posts and updates, customers offer you reliable pros and cons of your products. Social commerce makes a business jump to the top of the stiff and throat-cutting competition.
Social commerce is equally easily applicable when it comes to services. Considering the millennial prefer shopping online as is quick and simple social commerce plays a major role in increasing your traffic and sales. Exposure and communication through the social media presents these opportunities to a business to succeed in this generation and in the social market place at large. Every business out there is seeking fulfillment and simple means of providing the customers with products and services as well nurturing its customer base. Social commerce is once again the opportunity.
Characteristics that Define Social Commerce
As social commerce drives a business that desires to make more sales and provide a platform that makes those sales easier, there are several characteristics that encourage the desire to implement.
- As customers buys a products and services, they become active and participate in leaving credible reviews and importantly recommending the products/ services to their friends and other people in the online community. Sellers closely monitors this feedbacks correcting the flaws that are brought up in the negative feedbacks.
- As a buyer and someone who get involved in social commerce, I know that many people willing to buy a product do not make their decisions with regards to the business’ profile or the product description but by the reviews of other users.
- Social commerce has tuned in with M-commerce. It is easier for mobile commerce to share offers and reviews by making use of the QR codes and Atom feeds.
- Social commerce is simple and readily available since users in the online community share their likes/dislikes of products by just a click to social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Delicious and such.
- A potential buyer has several offers from other sellers. The several offers comes with their individual reviews and rating so that the potential customer can make a decision, which is based on the reviews available.
- Important information is given when using social commerce, how long the order will take to get shipped, what is needed to buy the product, and the payment method authorized by the seller. The information will be ready for them to make a conscious decision.
- Showcasing the product is easy by the videos and images uploaded for potential customers to see what they are buying and provide extra viral sharing. YouTube, Facebook and twitter are the social networks that avails the visual layout of each of the product being sold.